In this introductory course, we explore five main areas of Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) theory and practice:
1) The history and development of the field and its current reach in the world, cross-culturally,
2) Basic methods and techniques including witnessing, attunement, mirroring, kinaesthetic empathy, and expansion of movement repertoire,
3) Basic neurobiology supporting the efficacy of Dance/Movement Therapy,
4) Structures developed for expressive and creative movement in DMT, and
5) Basic understanding of assessment, intervention and progress in DMT.
Feb 10 Wed 6-9pm, Feb 12 Fri 2-5:30pm, Feb 13 Sat 10am-1:30pm
Feb 17 Wed 6-9pm, Feb 19 Fri 2-5:30pm, Feb 20 Sat 10am-1:30pm
Feb 24 Wed 6-9pm, Feb 26 Fri 2-5:30pm, Feb 27 Sat 10am-1:30pm
(plus 3 hours of independent study viewing videos/films and watching Webinar Content) (30 hours total: 2 credits)
The classes are three hours long each, but with an extra half hour break built in for rest of eyes and body while using Zoom, half way through class.
Location: ONLINE using Zoom (students are sent an invitation, but will need to download the Zoom app). Please note we will build in lots of sensory breaks and use break-out rooms for partner work too. There will be plenty of deeply somatic learning. You need to have highspeed internet and a device for being on Zoom with that is a computer, not a phone.
Fees: $875.00, plus 5% GST tax for total course fees of $918.75
($250.00 deposit holds your pre-registration in the course: please see our policy on deposits in the Fees section)