In this introductory course, we explore five main areas of Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) theory and practice:
1) The history and development of the field and its current reach in the world, cross-culturally,
2) Basic methods and techniques including witnessing, attunement, mirroring, kinaesthetic empathy, and expansion of movement repertoire,
3) Basic neurobiology supporting the efficacy of Dance/Movement Therapy,
4) Structures developed for expressive and creative movement in DMT, and
5) Basic understanding of assessment, intervention and progress in DMT.
Coming September 2021, dates to be announced.
This course is 30 hours total: 2 credits and includes synchronous and asynchronous learning modules.
The classes are three hours long each, but with an extra half hour break built in for rest of eyes and body while using Zoom, half way through class.
Location: ONLINE using Zoom and via webinar (students are sent an invitation, but will need to download the Zoom app). Please note we will build in lots of sensory breaks and use break-out rooms for partner work too. There will be plenty of deeply somatic learning. You need to have highspeed internet and a device for being on Zoom with that is a computer, not a phone.
Fees: $875.00, plus 5% GST tax for total course fees of $918.75
($250.00 deposit holds your pre-registration in the course: please see our policy on deposits in the Fees section)